Doctor insights on:
Is It True That Long Length At Birth Is An Indicator Of Height Later In Life
No: This is one I have never heard before, but i can tell you that it is very hard to predict adult height, especially at birth. The best way to "estimate" adult height is still based on the parents' heights and family history. Nutrition also plays a big role in ultimate adult height, as does the timing of puberty. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
In what way would birth control pills affect a woman's FSH and lh? Are they effective indicators when on bc?
Suppressed: LH and FSH levels are usually suppressed by the OCP. That how it suppresses ovulation and gives you birth control. Checking levels, however, are of little benefit. If the levels are not surprised, the pill does other things to prevent pregnancy, like altering cervical mucous and endometrial growth. ...Read more
Is there anyway to assess how well my cardiovascular system is responding to the estrogen in my birth control? Is blood-pressure a reliable indicator?
BP is independent: Landmark research on hormone replacement therapy has taught us that we still have a lot to learn about the impact of estrogen on heart disease. At this point, it would be premature to predict its benefits or harm, since heart disease risk increases after child bearing years. Blood pressure should be controlled long term to prevent future events, it's relationship to oral contraceptives varies. ...Read more
I just opened a pack of birth control pills with no expiration date. How long is too long? What is a good length of time to throw away birth control?
Pharmacist: I would bring the pack to your pharmacist and he or she can advise you properly. ...Read more
I am 43 and on the birth control patch and have been for a very long time. Is it true that bc will always mask perimenopause symptoms?
I read that birth control makes your period last longer the first month you take it. Is that true?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- I chew gum a lot at work is it true that your jaw gets bigger when you chew gum
- I heard that burping is an early sign of stomach cancer is this true
- I have brown patches in my armpits what is that can i get rid of it
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is it true that having an upward penis curve is an advantage?
- Is it true that ants on underwear one sign of diabetes?
- Is it true that once you have mrsa you never get rid of it?
- Causes of death at age 50
- Is birth length an indicator of height in the future?