Doctor insights on:
Is It True That If I Start Wearing Glasses My Eyesight Will Deteriorate
No: However if you get used to wearing glasses and see better with them, then you'll want to wear them all the time and thus without them your eyes will seem worse (like deterioration). Glasses only correct a refractive error, not change the eyesight. Eyesight changes with a lot of near work without breaks, or with age as the cornea/lens changes, etc. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Sight is the sum of the light receptive and integrative capacity of the eye including best vision, color vision, night vision, depth vision, field of vision and the ability to track objects in motion. An ophthalmologist can measure these and determine the function of ...Read more
Yes, in the past: In fact, pinhole eyeglasses were often used a few hundred years ago. The problem with the pinhole is that it makes things appear dimmer, reduces peripheral vision, and just as with all glasses, cannot prevent or stop vision changes. A person would have better focus only while wearing the glasses, but the above side effects make pinhole glasses impractical. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
No: Glasses are designed to improve the focus of the eye and improve clarity. Sometimes patients who start wearing readers feel that their near focus becomes more difficult and to a certain extent this is true. But eventually, readers become essential whether glasses are used initially or not. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I would like to know what can do about my eyesight, I have been wearing glasses for 6 years now, and my eyesight is getting worse?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- If i had polycythemia as a child is it likely that my son will also have it
- What is an astigmatism and will i eventually need glasses if it is just mild?
- Is it normal to have double vision often when i am wearing my glasses?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- I broke my wrist what is the likelihood that it will break again
- Is it true that wearing glasses makes the eyes sunken and swollen?
- Is it likely that i have ms if my spinal tap is completely negative?
- Can my eyesight gradually change so that i no longer will need my glasses?
- Talk to a ophthalmologist online for free