Doctor insights on:
Is It True That Contacts Make Peoples Eyes Bigger When They Wear Them
Does dry eye affect 1 eye or both? If only 1 eye - why? I 've heard people who have worn contacts are at risk but don't we wear contacts in both eyes?
Yes and no: Contact lenses treat blurred vision caused by nearsightedness, farsightedness and astigmatism. These conditions naturally worsen over time in many people, and lenses are only meant to correct the vision you have. Contacts can cause other eye problems (infections, dry eye, scars, allergies) which can worsen vision, but they will not stop your natural vision changes. ...Read more
Best evaluated: Floaters are common in more elderly populations but are not often found in your age group. Have you had trauma to your head or eyes or is there a family history of eye problems? It is worth your time to let an ophthalmologist get a look at your eyes to see if there is some underlying problem. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Eyes make noises when rubbed
- How to wear contacts with dry eyes?
- Contacts make eyes itch
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is it true that reading in bed makes your eyes bad?
- Is it true that wearing glasses makes the eyes sunken and swollen?
- Pain in eyes when moving them
- Can a baby get blue eyes if the parent wears blue contacts?
- Talk to a ophthalmologist online for free