Doctor insights on:
Is It True That Chlamydia Sometimes Can Cause Infertility In Women
Yes-PID: Chlamydia (or other stds) can travel up the female reproductive tract and into the fallopian tubes. The ensuing inflammation that occurs, can scar and distort anatomy to the point where an egg will not be able to travel down the lumen of the fallopian tube. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Chlamydia infection is a sexually transmitted infection caused by a bacteria. Genital symptoms include burning on urination, vaginal or penile discharge, pain with sexual intercourse or no symptoms at all. In many patients without symptoms, chlamydial infections can spread upwards into the abdomen and cause serious complications due to scarring. Newborns can acquire chlamydial eye infection from birth ...Read more
Yes: Chlamydia that isn't treated promptly and gets to the tubes can cause scarring in the tubes. This scarring can lead to difficulty in getting pregnant as well as ectopic pregnancy (a pregnancy that grows outside the uterus like in a tube). Your best option is to get tested if you have a new partner or symptoms and treated right away. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Yes: You may not even be aware that you have chlamydia - but it could be causing permanent damage to your genitorurinary system. ...Read more
It's possible : Chlamydia can scar the fallopian tubes and lead to infertility. With that said, not all women with chlamydia have scarring or have difficulty with getting pregnant. But infertility is a known complication of chlamydia infection. If you think you are infected, see your doctor immediately. There are simple tests and antibiotic treatments for chlamydia. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I got treated chlamydia a while ago & realized i had it for about 3 or 4 months at most. Having it that long, could it have caused infertility?
Tested positive for chlamydia. How long does it have to stay in the body before it causes infertility? Didn't have any symptoms. Had only 1 partner.
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is it true that marijuana can cause high cholesterol?
- Is it true that omeprazole can cause high cholesterol?
- Is it true that masturbation can cause prostatitis?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is it possible that the mercury in fillings can cause sinus problems?
- Is it true that marijuana can cause gynecomastia?
- Is it true that iuds can cause infections and cancer?
- Is it true that women have bigger babies in subsequent pregnancies?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free