Doctor insights on:
Is It True That Bananas Slow Down Bowel Movement
The gastrointestinal tract starts at the mouth, travel down the tunnel (esophagus), which connects to the stomach, which then empties into the duodenum, jejunum, and ileum---the three parts of the small intestine (@25 feet). This empties into the colon or large intestine (about 5 feet), which then becomes the sigmoid colon, rectum and out the anus. So, every morsel eaten ...Read more
Haven't been able to keep anything down. Food or medications either comes right back up or in terrible at bowel movement. What can it be?
Stomach flu: Sounds like stomach flu (vomiting + diarrhea). Trying sips of water instead of drinking much fluids at a time may be helpful. Avoid solids for now. If you medication to help nausea (phenergan), take that. If you have loose frequent stools, over-the-counter rehydration solution is the way to go. ...Read more
I am having a difficult time starting urine flow and keeping it going. I have to bear down hard like I'm having a bowel movement and hold it to keep urine flow going. What can cause this???
See a urologist: Difficulty voiding in a women is usually due to one of several causes: UNDER ACTIVE BLADDER(due to aging, diabetes or neurologic disorders);BLADDER OUTLET OBSTRUCTION(due to pelvic prolapse,fibroids,urethral strictures or diverticula);FUNCTIONAL OBSTRUCTION due to several causes. **You need to see a Urologist for proper evaluation and diagnosis. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I have vaginal discgarge when I have bowel movement. Or when ever i push or bare down a whitish discharge comes out?
Change your diet and: Fluids. Eat a high fiber diet between 20-25 grams per day, regular meal times and drink 80-100 oz of caffeine free alcohol free fluids daily. If you exercise and should add 20 oz per 30 minutes of strenuous exercise. Some meds contribute to constipation so take the meds with full glass of fluid instead of a sip in addition to the above recommended fluids. ...Read more
Theoretically yes: There are many who feel that this is true, though everyone has their own opinion on it. ...Read more
Hi, I am 60 year old woman. Having digestion trouble, sometimes i feel run down, sweaty and after bowel movement , i feel better. What's it?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- I chew gum a lot at work is it true that your jaw gets bigger when you chew gum
- Is it true that marijuana can cause high cholesterol?
- Is it true that your eyebrows are the same color as your pubic hair?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is it true that you can get appendicitis if you run after you eat?
- Is it true that regular masturbation causes a dry cough?
- Is it true that having an upward penis curve is an advantage?
- Is it normal to have prostate fluid come out when you have a bowel movement?
- Talk to a gastroenterologist online