Doctor insights on:
Is It True That 3 Squirts Of Hand Sanitizer Can Kill A Child
Ingested toxin: The hs in my office are gell forms of ethyl alcohol with a variety of additives that make them un palatable. If injested , this product could lower blood sugar in an infant but would not likely do much else. If the particular sanitizer were a form of wood alcohol (methanol) ingestion of small amounts could be deadly. Surface application of these products is benign but does dry the skin over time. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Killing Rabies virus: Unfortunately hand sanitizers are not effective against Rabies virus, while they may be useful in others and many bacteria. Household bleach is more effective against Rabies virus, as it is against many other viral and bacterial agents, including staph infections. One way to make an effective solution is to mix 1/2 cup of household bleach in a gallon of water for spraying or washing with. ...Read more
Hand sanitizers: As long as the product contains at least 60% alcohol it should kill most bacteria and some viruses. Hand sanitizers won't work on dirty or greasy hands. SEE http://www.cdc.gov/handwashing/show-me-the-science-hand-sanitizer.html or http://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/innovation_quality_patient_care/areas_expertise/infections_complications/hand_hygiene/why_wipes.html Good luck ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- What ingredients are in hand sanitizer that can kill bacteria?
- Hand sanitizer kill bacteria
- Do hand sanitizers kill viruses?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can hand sanitizer make dry skin?
- Can entamizole in diarrhea of 3 months old child?
- When can you know if a child is right or left handed
- What three things can parents do to increase a childs chance of an osteoporosis free life?
- Talk to a pediatrician online