Doctor insights on:
Is It Silly To Use Condoms When I Get The Iud
These are mostly closed end tubes of latex and occasionally other materials to cover the penis during intercourse and prevent pregnancy and disease transmission. A wise person uses them when the history of their partner is unknown. There are some available for women's use ...Read more
Im waiting to get a copper IUD in a month, are there other birth control options besides condoms that my bf and I can use in the meantime?
No: Unless you just want to worry about something. ...Read more
I had a few minutes of unprotected sex with my girlfriend before we put on a condom she has a copper iud what are the chances of her getting pregnant?
Birth control: The purpose of the copper IUD is to prevent pregnancies - it's for birth control. It does not protect from sexually transmitted infections. The condom prevents both, undesired pregnancy and STI. Condoms are not considered as effective for birth control as IUDs are. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Better than condoms: The CopperIUD is one of the BEST forms of birth control available. Non-hormonal (no effect on fertility/acne/headaches/nausea/wt gain/bloating/blood clots) and VERY safe (except if you have Wilson's dz/Copper allergy). Only risk is a heavier period and complications w/ insertion (RARE). Immediately effective to prevent pregnancy, but DOES NOT protect against STIs. OK for women who haven't had kids ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Do I have to wear condoms for 6 months after cryotherapy? Or can I have unprotected sex with my long term boyfriend. I have an iud.
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is it still necessary to use condoms after i get the iud?
- Is it normal for my feet to hurt when i get off the plane?
- Is it possible to get pregnant if the condom slipped?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Why do i get raised whelps on my back and it is hot to the touch and hurts?
- Is it bad to massage my eyes when they get tired from computer use?
- Is it normal for my eyes to get watery when i make eye contact?
- Why is it hard for me to breathe when i spend time in the basement?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free