Doctor insights on:
Is It Safer For A Baby To Sleep On Its Back Or On Its Front Or On Its Side
No: The crib death rate for side sleepers is almost as bad as those who sleep on their belly.Sand bags or other devices designed to position babies on their side do not work. After the kid starts to roll over, i don't roll them back. However, i put them down on their back until a year. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
My baby is 2mths old. He squirms a lot while sleeping on his back. He moves his neck from side to side vigorously. What is causing this?
Normal.: You'll probably notice a lot of weird things when your baby sleeps. The breathing rate can change, he can cry out for no reason, he can move his head back and forth, side to side, then be still. This is no cause for concern. Lots of babies do this. ...Read more
Baby 7 months old&for the past month or so he moans&goes back&forth from his side to back when sleeping&this sometimes wakes him up. Teething symptom?
Not necessarily: This is a common sleep pattern at that age. It is also the beginning of a period of separation anxiety that can account for night waking. Just be consistent and supportive. I don't buy the issue of teething.It gets blamed for just about anything at this age. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I'm 17 weeks pregnant with triplets and go to sleep on my sides but often times wake up on my back and my arms are asleep. Is it affecting the babies?
Why does my 6 month old baby drop her head down or to the side suddenly then picks it back up? It looks like when a person falls asleep sitting up
If you're not sure: If this is an involuntary movement, video an episode on your smart phone. Include your child's behavior for a few minutes after the episode.Note what she's doing prior to an event, how often it happens, & whether the movement interferes with eating, playing, etc., all useful history for her doctor, along with physical & neurological exams & developmental screening ( see firstsigns.Org). ...Read more
Varies : I don't put them down on their bellies until after a year of age. After they begin to turn over on their own around 4-5 mo the stastical risk of crib death has declined & i don't wake them to re-position them. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is it bad to have clear watery dischage even if its beeen going on for a while?
- Is it possible for a cancer to go away and then return on its own?
- Is it safe for newborn babies to sleep on side?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How long will it take for a small sebaceous cyst take to go away on its own?
- Is it advised for women to sleep with no underwear on why or why not?
- What is wrong with a baby that sleeps on its knees?
- Is it safe to get a tattoo on arms or chest after double mastectomy?
- Is it better for an infant to sleep on its front or back?