Doctor insights on:
Is It Safe To Wear Reading Glasses All Day
Perhaps: At age 46, presbyopia, the hardening of the lens which disturbs focusing at near - is inevitable. Reading glasses can help with the clarity for print and small objects. If you have these needs, the glasses will help. If you don't wear the glasses, you will struggle - but either way the eyes will do their best and whether or not you wear glasses, the eyes will not change from their destiny. ...Read more
No...: ...But it may cause undue strain. Up until the 40s, the eyes can normally focus for near work. By the late 40s, near focus becomes difficult. Reading glasses are essentially magnifiers that help you focus up close. If you can focus up close on your own, there is no reason to use readers, and they can give you headaches. There is no danger, however, in using them. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is it okay to wear reading glasses all the time?
- Is it ok to wear reading glasses all the time?
- Is it safe to wear reading glasses even if you have perfect vision?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is it bad to wear reading glasses a lot?
- Is it healthy to wear glasses all the time?
- Is it bad to wear glasses all the time?
- Can i wear reading glasses with contacts?
- Why wear reading glasses all day?