Doctor insights on:
Is It Safe To Use Stool Softener During Pregnancy
If you're pregnant or planning to get pregnant, there are many things you can do to give your baby a healthy start: Regular prenatal visits along with laboratory testing, ultrasounds, prenatal vitamins and immunizations (like the flu shot and whopping cough booster). Now's the time to eat healthy, stay hydrated, and ...Read more
Miralax/fiber: Those treatments that remain confined to the gut, like miralax, are fine during pregnancy or breastfeeding. Bowel stimulants and other meds that may enter your bloodstream should be cleared by your doc before use. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
9 wks pregnant no bm for 2 days and cramping....what can I take for a stool softener that is safe?
Try natural?: Most OBs recommend colace as a safe stool softener. Another option might be to try natural remedies first such as increasing the fluid and fiber in your diet. Therefore, things like more water, prunes or pear juice would be helpful. Definitely worth discussing with your OB of things continue to be problematic. ...Read more
I'm pregnant and very constipated. Stool softeners and prune juice ain't doing the trick. Can this be bad and are enemas safe?! what else can I do?
Safe laxatives: There are many safe laxatives to try if necessary. Are you drinking enough water daily? Are you eating high fiber foods? Talk to your doctor about whether she has a preference for dulcolax, miralax, or a different product. Both are safe in pregnancy. ...Read more
I took a stool softener this morning and i've had diarrhea all day. Is this normal at 38 weeks pregnant?
- HealthTap gives you access to top U.S. certified doctors
- Our doctors are checked, verified and board certified
- Get personalized help and answers directly from the doctor
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is it safe to use vagisil during pregnancy?
- Is it safe to use stool softeners regularly?
- Is it safe to use clotrimazole during pregnancy?
- Is it safe to use motilium during pregnancy?
- Is it safe to use an enema during pregnancy?
- Is it safe to use sodium bicarbonate during pregnancy?
- Is it safe to use aloe vera gel during pregnancy?
- Is it safe to use a vibrator during pregnancy?
- Talk to a gastroenterologist online for free