Doctor insights on:
Is It Safe To Treat Toenail Fungus While Pregnant
When your due date arrives, you will be more than ready to have your baby! Most women deliver the baby somewhere between 37 and 42 weeks. According to the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, only 5% of babies arrive on the exact due date. Approximately 7% of babies are not delivered by 42 weeks, and when that happens, it is referred to ...Read more
Keep in mind...: The fda has recently come out with a blanket statement that toenail fungus can not be cured. It is "managed" by a number of modalities, but it can always come back in the future. Oral antifungal medicines (lamisil), topical medications (formula 3), laser therapy, surgical removal, homeopathic applications (tea tree oil). Talk to a podiatrist for what will be best and most effective for you. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
A cosmetic problem: Toenail fungus is a fairly common condition, more so as a person ages. It rarely leads to any significant medical complications. For that reason insurance companies do not cover the cost of treatment. There are 2 medications that work about 50% of the time. Laser treatments have had similar success. If left untreated the nail thickens and discolors. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is it safe to treat a yeast infection while pregnant?
- How to treat toenail fungus with apple cider vinegar?
- Toenail fungus
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is it safe to nurse while pregnant?
- Is it safe to paint while pregnant?
- Jacuzzi while pregnant safe
- Is chicory safe while pregnant?
- Talk to a dermatologist online