Doctor insights on:
Is It Safe To Take Vitamin C While Pregnant Or Breastfeeding
When your due date arrives, you will be more than ready to have your baby! Most women deliver the baby somewhere between 37 and 42 weeks. According to the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, only 5% of babies arrive on the exact due date. Approximately 7% of babies are not delivered by 42 weeks, and when that happens, it is referred to ...Read more
B7 is biotin: Biotin is a critical nutrient in pregnancy. It may like Folic Acid support nervous system development. Your prenatal vitamin should contain at lead 300 mcg. Avoid raw egg white protein because it may interfere with biotin availability. Eat eggs cooked because the yolk contains biotin which is not destroyed by cooking. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Important to take!: Not only is vitamin B9 (more commonly known as folic acid) safe to take but is considered the most important vitamin to take during pregnancy to prevent neural tube defects. It is especially important to take in the first weeks of pregnancy. Many people can't convert Folic Acid to the active form, 5-mthf, so to be very safe it may be wise to take the 5-mthf form. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
No: Niacin (vitamin b3) is classified with a "c" rating for pregnancy (a being the safest) because there has been fetal harm in animal studies. There is insufficient data in humans but you should avoid supplementation. You should be taking prenatal vitamins which contain a safe amount of Niacin and plenty of folic acid. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I am 32 weeks pregnant. Is it safe to take one 1000mg vitamin C with 25mg citrus bioflavonoid and 20mg rose hip caplet daily?
Breastfeeding is providing nutrition to an infant using breat milk either directly by infant latching and sucking on the nipple or by feeding via bottle with expressed breast milk (when baby has difficulty suckling). Breast milk is the best milk for any baby but ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is it safe to take vitamin a while pregnant or breastfeeding?
- Is it safe to take vitamin b7 while pregnant or breastfeeding?
- Is it safe to take vitamin b6 while pregnant or breastfeeding?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is it safe to take vitamin b5 while pregnant or breastfeeding?
- Is it safe to take vitamin b3 while pregnant or breastfeeding?
- Is it safe to take vitamin c while pregnant?
- Can you take vitamin c while breastfeeding?
- Talk to a pediatrician online