Doctor insights on:
Is It Safe To Take The Morning After Pill 24 Hrs After Sex
Emergency contraception is the method a woman can use to avoid getting pregnant, after she has received sperm in her vagina. She takes the hormone pills, which are usually larger doses of hormones used in oral birth control pills, within a short time (days) after her sexual activity, ...Read more
Absolutely!: The morning after pill must be taken within 72 hours of unprotected intercourse. It is 95% effective if taken in this way. The sooner you take it, the more effective it likely will be. But it is not 100%, so remember to take a pregnancy test 3 weeks after the episode of unprotected intercourse. ...Read more
Not: effectively.Get a more detailed answer ›
My girlfriend takes acnemini pills and she took the morning after pill 40 hours after sex and this was the 8th day after her period. Will this work?
Yes: It should work. With her already being on the mini pill and having taken the morning after pill within 72 hours of unprotected sex (even though technically if she was on the mini pill she was protected), there should be an extremely low risk of pregnancy. Best wishes to you and her. ...Read more
Probably not!: That's why it's called the "morning after" pill not the"second morning after pill". The only thing that you can do now is check to see if you are pregnant with a good test a few weeks later, but they are not always perfect. And next time use better protection and insist that your partner use protection too so this doesn't happen to you again. Remember it's your body and you have a say! ...Read more
I took the morning after pill on the 17 the first pill one hr after sex then the second and four days later i spotted is that normal?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is it dangerous to take the morning after pill?
- Is it completely safe to have sex after torsion of the testis?
- Is it safe to have sex the day after my period?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- How many days after your period is it safe to have sex?
- Is it possible to ovulate the week after going off the pill?
- When is it safe to exercise after the stomach flu
- How long should it take for a pinched nerve to heal after the pressure is off?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free