Doctor insights on:
Is It Safe To Take Syntocinon If I Give Birth At Home
No: Oxytocin should be delivered only in a hospital setting where your baby can be monitored for distress and an emergency c-section can be accomplished in an expeditious fashion. The preferred administration is intravenous, as that can be discontinued rapidly. At home, you only have the nasal spray, and the effects go away much more slowly. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I'm about to give birth in the next few weeks. I have heard a lot about pertussis risks & cases that are close to our home town. My family is vaccinated, but what other precautions should I take to protect our new baby?
Risky behavior: My wife's pregnancy with our son was textbook perfect until her water broke (in the hospital). Then our son's fetal heart rate plummeted. He was born by emergency c section 5 minutes later and is now a cute, active and bright 4 year old. If we had been at home the delay would have resulted in severe brain damage. This could not have been predicted or prevented, which is why we have hospitals. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
With a midwife: For normal (not high-risk) pregnancies home births have better outcomes than hospital births but it is crucial to have a skilled midwife. Not all midwives do home deliveries but many do. See www.naturalbirthblog.com/find-a-midwife/ to help locate a good midwife. You may want to interview 2 or 3 to find one you really like. I also advise reading Ina May's Guide to Childbirth by Ina May Gaskin. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
My wife is soon about to give birth but the baby is in transverse or abridged position, what are the implications?And can she have a safe delivery?
Well...: There is alway a great chance that the baby will move and engage normally Do not panic ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is it safe to get an epidural for giving birth if i have spondylolisthesis?
- Is it safe to have the exterminator at the house if i am pregnant?
- Is it best to take a bill if i in the morning or at night?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is it safe to give birth at 34 weeks?
- Is it safe to take magnum detox if i take enthromycin daily?
- Is it safe to give birth at 30 weeks?
- Is it safe to use birth control pills if i smoke?
- Talk to a obstetrician and gynecologist online