Doctor insights on:
Is It Safe To Take Steroids While Pregnant
When your due date arrives, you will be more than ready to have your baby! Most women deliver the baby somewhere between 37 and 42 weeks. According to the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, only 5% of babies arrive on the exact due date. Approximately 7% of babies are not delivered by 42 weeks, and when that happens, it is referred to ...Read more
Benefit > risk: Physicians, especially those treating pregnant women, weigh risks and benefits of drugs for both the woman and her baby. Steroids can have some risks such as increased bs, susceptibility to infection. Giving them too often might pose some problems for newborns also. However, most studies show that they have benefits for babies at risk of being born premature, and that is why they're given for some. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Probably safe: Zzzquil basically contains diphenhydramine (benadryl) and alcohol. Diphenhydramine is categorized as a class B drug for pregnant women (May be acceptable. Either animal studies show no risk with no available human studies, or animal studies show minor risks and human studies showed no risk.) Most class B drugs are considered relatively safe in pregnancy. With normal dosing, alcohol negligible. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is it safe to take sertraline while pregnant?
- Is it safe to take biotin while pregnant?
- Is it safe to take phenelzine while pregnant?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is it safe to take fluoxetine while pregnant?
- Is it safe to take antacids while pregnant?
- Is it safe to take enalapril while pregnant?
- Is it safe to take felodipine while pregnant?
- Talk to a obstetrician and gynecologist online