Doctor insights on:
Is It Safe To Take Rabies Immune Globulin While Pregnant Or Breastfeeding
Yes, IgG is safe: Immune globulin (igg) is concentrated antibodies, and helps protect against a variety of infections. It is safe for pregnant women, breastfeeding moms, and infants. Of course, there could be a rare allergic reaction on a rare occassion. Because IgG is purified from other people's blood plasma, there is also a very, very rare chance that something contagious could be transmitted in the injection. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
If you're pregnant or planning to get pregnant, there are many things you can do to give your baby a healthy start: Regular prenatal visits along with laboratory testing, ultrasounds, prenatal vitamins and immunizations (like the flu shot and whopping cough booster). Now's the time to eat healthy, stay hydrated, and ...Read more
Possibly fatal: Rabies is fatal. If you get it, you will die. There is little to know treatment. Once you have been exposed, you have a about 6 weeks before you get the disease. It takes time for the vaccine to work, maybe longer than 6 weeks. You need the instant protection of the Immune Globulin shot to give the vaccine time to work. ...Read more
I took/taking rabies vaccine, tetanus, immune globulin after 16 day of exposed.I hav weaknes&muscle pins, tingling allover body.Should i worry abt rabies?
Immune globulin: The immune globulins are a class of blood proteins elaborated by the immune system to fight infection, and then remember the antigens of the infecting agent to use for future protection from reinfection. ...Read more
Rabies is an infectious disease caused by a virus. The most common carrier in the U.S. is infected bats. Symptoms of rabies include an initial flu-like illness followed by increasing paralysis, agitation, and confusion. The classic drooling symptom is due to an inability ...Read more
Breastfeeding is providing nutrition to an infant using breat milk either directly by infant latching and sucking on the nipple or by feeding via bottle with expressed breast milk (when baby has difficulty suckling). Breast milk is the best milk for any baby but ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is it safe to take rabies vaccine while pregnant or breastfeeding?
- Is it safe to take vyvanse while pregnant or breastfeeding?
- Is it safe to take resveratrol while pregnant or breastfeeding?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is it safe to take pantoprazole sodium while pregnant or breastfeeding?
- Is it safe to take vitamin b3 while pregnant or breastfeeding?
- Is it safe to take mebendazole while pregnant or breastfeeding?
- Is it safe to take nasacort aq while pregnant or breastfeeding?
- Talk to a pediatrician online