Doctor insights on:
Is It Safe To Take Phenylephrine While Pregnant
If you're pregnant or planning to get pregnant, there are many things you can do to give your baby a healthy start: Regular prenatal visits along with laboratory testing, ultrasounds, prenatal vitamins and immunizations (like the flu shot and whopping cough booster). Now's the time to eat healthy, stay hydrated, and ...Read more
Not recommended.: Aside from the fact that decongestant nose sprays can cause rebound congestion if used for more than 3 days in a row, the FDA assigns phenylephrine pregnancy category C; this means that there are no human or animal studies on this medication in pregnancy. Therefore the risk in pregnancy is unknown. As a rule, stick to meds that are proven to be safe in pregnancy unless advised by your doctor. ...Read more
I was prescribed amoxicillin & phenylephrine HCl for sinusitis. Next day, I found out i'm pregnant. Should I continue/finish the prescription?
I accidentally used Phenylephrine HCL 0.25% Hemorrhoid gel on my back (instead of hydrocortisone 1%). Should I be alarmed? I'm 5 months pregnant.
Should be fine: You should be fine, but you should check with the pharmacist or your OB doc to be sure. Hope this helps! ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is it safe to take hair skin nail vitamins while pregnant?
- Is it safe to take azo yeast while pregnant?
- Is it safe to take norco while pregnant?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is it safe to take a dha supplement and prenatal vitamin together while pregnant?
- Is it safe to take water pills for swelling while pregnant?
- Is it safe to take vyvanse while pregnant or breastfeeding?
- Is it safe to take resveratrol while pregnant or breastfeeding?
- Talk to a obstetrician and gynecologist online