Doctor insights on:
Is It Safe To Take Phenylephrine While Pregnant
When your due date arrives, you will be more than ready to have your baby! Most women deliver the baby somewhere between 37 and 42 weeks. According to the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, only 5% of babies arrive on the exact due date. Approximately 7% of babies are not delivered by 42 weeks, and when that happens, it is referred to ...Read more
Not recommended.: Aside from the fact that decongestant nose sprays can cause rebound congestion if used for more than 3 days in a row, the FDA assigns phenylephrine pregnancy category C; this means that there are no human or animal studies on this medication in pregnancy. Therefore the risk in pregnancy is unknown. As a rule, stick to meds that are proven to be safe in pregnancy unless advised by your doctor. ...Read more
I was prescribed amoxicillin & phenylephrine HCl for sinusitis. Next day, I found out i'm pregnant. Should I continue/finish the prescription?
I accidentally used Phenylephrine HCL 0.25% Hemorrhoid gel on my back (instead of hydrocortisone 1%). Should I be alarmed? I'm 5 months pregnant.
Should be fine: You should be fine, but you should check with the pharmacist or your OB doc to be sure. Hope this helps! ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can i take phenylephrine while pregnant?
- Safe phenylephrine pregnant
- Can i take medications containing phenylephrine while pregnant?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is it safe to take biotin while pregnant?
- Is it safe to take phenelzine while pregnant?
- Is it safe to take monistat while pregnant?
- Is it safe to take fluoxetine while pregnant?
- Talk to a obstetrician and gynecologist online