Doctor insights on:
Is It Safe To Take Omeprazole During Pregnancy
If you're pregnant or planning to get pregnant, there are many things you can do to give your baby a healthy start: Regular prenatal visits along with laboratory testing, ultrasounds, prenatal vitamins and immunizations (like the flu shot and whopping cough booster). Now's the time to eat healthy, stay hydrated, and ...Read more
Category C: Omeprazole has a risk category in pregnancy of c. This means the following: 1.Studies on animals show adverse effect and toxicity on fetus. 2.No adequate and well controlled studies done on pregnant women. 3.Drugs should be given only if the potential benefit outweighs the potential risk to the fetus. See your obstetrician. ...Read more
Should one avoid pregnancy if they have to take inhalors, and strong antihistamines, and omeprazole and nasonex regularly?
Change the meds: It's unusual to have to avoid pregnancy altogether because of medications that you take. However, commonly it's recommended to change the meds at least temporarily during the pregnancy to avoid potential problems with the fetus. You should meet with an obstetrician before you get pregnant to discuss this. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is it safe to take domperidone during pregnancy?
- Is it safe to take robitussin during pregnancy?
- Is it safe to take apple cider vinegar tablets during pregnancy?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is it safe to take metronidazole during pregnancy?
- Is it safe to take lisinopril during pregnancy?
- Is it safe to take aloe vera during pregnancy?
- Is it safe to take adderall during pregnancy?
- Talk to a obstetrician and gynecologist online