Doctor insights on:
Is It Safe To Take Nifedipine While Pregnant
If you're pregnant or planning to get pregnant, there are many things you can do to give your baby a healthy start: Regular prenatal visits along with laboratory testing, ultrasounds, prenatal vitamins and immunizations (like the flu shot and whopping cough booster). Now's the time to eat healthy, stay hydrated, and ...Read more
Can be dangerous: When you are pregnant , do not use any medicines unless your doctor tells you to. Some medicines can harm your baby. Make sure that all your doctors know that you are pregnant ...Read more
I had well-controlled (nifedipine XL 30 mg/day) hypertension prior to & during pregnancy. Had baby 2 wks ago, BP now about 140/100. No sx @ all. Help?
It is quite: common for blood pressure to rise during and for a little time following pregnancy but it's time to consult with your PRIMARY CARE PROVIDER (not your OB-GYN) for adjustment of your BP medications. OFTEN all that is needed is a DIURETIC to clear the excess salt/water/edema which accompany normal Pregnancies! Hope this helps! Dr Z ...Read more
I have had hemmroids and an anal fissure over a year now. they gave me some nifedipine lotion... is there hope ? do fissures worsen during pregnancy?
Ask: better ask your Obstetrician. Seriously. Ask your OB. He/she won't lead you astray. ...Read more
Same as in non: Pregnant...3-4 half lives to reach maximal effect. ...Read more
See your doctor: Procardia crosses the placenta and small amounts can be detected in newborn infants. There have been incidents of complications but having a pregnant mother with untreated blood pressure is harmful to the fetus and the mother as well. Nifedipine is Pregnancy Category C, the doctor is the only person who can weigh the risks versus the benefits to determine if nifedipine is the best option for you. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is it safe to take nifedipine while pregnant or breastfeeding?
- Is it safe to take hair skin nail vitamins while pregnant?
- Is it safe to take azo yeast while pregnant?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is it safe to take mucinex while pregnant?
- Is it safe to take a dha supplement and prenatal vitamin together while pregnant?
- Is it safe to take water pills for swelling while pregnant?
- Is it safe to take vyvanse while pregnant or breastfeeding?
- Talk to a cardiologist online