Doctor insights on:
Is It Safe To Take Metronidazole With Milk
My doc asked me to stop bf for 24 hrs to take 500 mg metronidazole oral, i don't pump enough milk so how can I do this? Do i need to stop bf to take it?
Metronidazole: Breastfed babies get Metronidazole in doses less than used to treat infections in infants. Plasma levels of the drug and metabolite are measurable, but less than maternal plasma levels. Candidal infections and diarrhea have been reported oral and rectal colonization with candida might be more common, but doubt that 24 hrs of a single dose will be harmful to your baby. ...Read more
Category B= OK: Metronidazole is categoryb which considered safe during pregnancy/lactation, thus should be ok to use. Like all meds, use the smallest effective dose for shortest duration of time possible. Eat well and continue your prenatal vitamins while breastfeeding. Congrats on the new baby and good luck. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Yes, entirely safe: There is no interaction between them. No worries. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is it safe to take metronidazole during pregnancy?
- Is it safe to take milk thistle?
- When is it safe to take metronidazole during pregnancy
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is it safe to take a milk thistle supplement?
- How to take metronidazole 500mg?
- Is is ok to take metronidazole and nitrofurantoin?
- Is it safe to give ofloxacin metronidazole suspension to a?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free