Doctor insights on:
Is It Safe To Take Menthol Cough Drops When Pregnant
Packaging of 9.1mg Menthol cough drops says I can take 1 drop every 2 hours. Is this the maximum amount I can safely have?
A Drop In The Bucket: Maybe they're worried about too much sugar, unless they are sugarless.In that case, maybe worried about too much Eucalyptus(menthol)--tell that to the Indian chief in his sweat lodge!So,I really don't see a problem unless you're chewing them down by the dozens, which will defeat their rather meager purpose.All-in-all I'd say you could take a few more than that as long as you don't mind your breath ...Read more
If you're pregnant or planning to get pregnant, there are many things you can do to give your baby a healthy start: Regular prenatal visits along with laboratory testing, ultrasounds, prenatal vitamins and immunizations (like the flu shot and whopping cough booster). Now's the time to eat healthy, stay hydrated, and ...Read more
Otherwise: Otherwise there would be a warning sign. And menthol has been around for many years. Therefore there should be no problem. ...Read more
I'm currently 10 weeks pregnant, is it safe to take cough drops? I have a really bad cough that has been keeping me up at night.
Meds in pregnancy: It depends on what the cough drops contain. Typical OTC cough drops may contain a mild local anesthetic along with the candy-like drop. This is probably okay in small doses. Please consult your OB for more recommendations and to make sure the cough is not asthma or other new condition. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I am eleven weeks pregnant and I am thinking of taking soothers eucalyptus and menthol for my cough and itchy throat . Is it safe to take it?? Ta
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is it safe to take halls cough drops while pregnant?
- Is it safe to take redness relief eye drops when you have pink eye?
- Is it safe to take castor oil when pregnant?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is it safe to take cough syrup if i get sick while pregnant?
- Is it safe to take flecainide when pregnant?
- Is it safe to take cough drops during pregnancy?
- Is it safe to take pap when pregnant?
- Talk to an otolaryngologist online