Doctor insights on:
Is It Safe To Take Menthol Cough Drops When Pregnant
Probably not: But you should not take too much of anything. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
If you're pregnant or planning to get pregnant, there are many things you can do to give your baby a healthy start: Regular prenatal visits along with laboratory testing, ultrasounds, prenatal vitamins and immunizations (like the flu shot and whopping cough booster). Now's the time to eat healthy, stay hydrated, and ...Read more
I am eleven weeks pregnant and I am thinking of taking soothers eucalyptus and menthol for my cough and itchy throat . Is it safe to take it?? Ta
No: At 11 weeks of pregnancy especially, it would not be safe to to take these cough drops. Try a natural honey and lemon preparation instead. The first trimester is a very sensitive time during pregnancy. ...Read more
Otherwise: Otherwise there would be a warning sign. And menthol has been around for many years. Therefore there should be no problem. ...Read more
I'm currently 10 weeks pregnant, is it safe to take cough drops? I have a really bad cough that has been keeping me up at night.
Meds in pregnancy: It depends on what the cough drops contain. Typical OTC cough drops may contain a mild local anesthetic along with the candy-like drop. This is probably okay in small doses. Please consult your OB for more recommendations and to make sure the cough is not asthma or other new condition. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- HealthTap gives you access to top U.S. certified doctors
- Our doctors are checked, verified and board certified
- Get personalized help and answers directly from the doctor
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is it ok to use menthol cough drops when pregnant?
- Is it safe to take halls cough drops while pregnant?
- Is it safe to take redness relief eye drops when you have pink eye?
- Is it safe to take castor oil when pregnant?
- Is it safe to take advocare vitamins when pregnant?
- Is it safe to take cough syrup if i get sick while pregnant?
- Is it safe to take flecainide when pregnant?
- Is it safe to take cough drops during pregnancy?
- Talk to an otolaryngologist online for free