Doctor insights on:
Is It Safe To Take Medications Containing Acetaminophen While Pregnant
When your due date arrives, you will be more than ready to have your baby! Most women deliver the baby somewhere between 37 and 42 weeks. According to the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, only 5% of babies arrive on the exact due date. Approximately 7% of babies are not delivered by 42 weeks, and when that happens, it is referred to ...Read more
Yes: Tylenol (acetaminophen) is category b, indicating an acceptable safety. Acetaminophen, the active ingredient in tylenol (acetaminophen) is also in many other products, like cold and sinus rx. Always read the ingredients and take care not to exceed the recommended daily amount, it can be toxic to the liver, pregnant or not. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Yes: Yes, tylenol (or its generic, acetaminophen) is safe during pregnancy. Most women try to take as little medicine as possible during pregnancy, especially during the first 3 months. A woman's ob-gyn doctor likely has a printed hand-out that lists the usual medications that pregnant women can take for common symptoms during pregnancy. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Is it safe to take tylenol (acetaminophen) while pregnant? I have white oblong pills that say l484 if it's okay to take how many can I take?
Tylenol (acetaminophen) is safe : Tylenol (acetaminophen) is safe to take during pregnancy. I'm not sure what the the pills are that you are describing. Generally tylenol (acetaminophen) can be in two forms of 325 mg or 500 mg per tablet. You can take one to two of those tablets every 4-6 hours as needed. You should not take over 4, 000 mg in a day. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Is it safe to take Norco (hydrocodone and acetaminophen) 10mg as directed for pain while 6wks pregnant?
Medically necessary: It's safe if it is medically necessary, and you stop as soon as possible. It is definitely not ideal. Ask the prescribing doctor if he/she knows you are pregnant; if you have no prescribing doctor and got it somewhere else, do not use it. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is it safe to take yeast infection medication while pregnant?
- Is it safe to take medication for allergies while pregnant?
- Is it safe to take medication for diarrhea while pregnant?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is it safe to take medication for migraine while pregnant?
- Is it safe to take motion sickness medication while pregnant?
- Can i take medications containing phenylephrine while pregnant?
- Safe medications containing codeine pregnant
- Talk to a pharmacologist online for free