Doctor insights on:
Is It Safe To Take Medication For Allergies While Pregnant
When your due date arrives, you will be more than ready to have your baby! Most women deliver the baby somewhere between 37 and 42 weeks. According to the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, only 5% of babies arrive on the exact due date. Approximately 7% of babies are not delivered by 42 weeks, and when that happens, it is referred to ...Read more
See a physician: Different allergy medications have different risks, and they vary depending on when in your pregnancy you are taking them (1st trimester, 2nd trimester...). The reason why you are taking them also matters (life threatening allergic reaction, asthma, runny nose...). Don't decide yourself, ask your doctor what they recommend for your situation. Using nasal saline is always safe. ...Read more
Depends: Claritin (loratadine) and Zyrtec (cetirizine) are pregnancy category B medications which means that animal reproduction studies have failed to demonstrate a risk to the fetus. I frequently use these medications with my pregnant patients. Allegra (fexofenadine) and many of the ingredients in cough meds are category C so avoid these medications if possible. If concerned, talk to OB/GYN about specific medications. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
What can I take for allergy medication if i'm trying to get pregnant? Can i take an antihistamine eyedrops medication?
I'm 14 weeks pregnant and I have allergies, i can't take my usual medication. Is there any natural remedies i can try to relief allergies?
Allergies occur when your immune system is triggered by envirionmental factors it should ignore--for example, pollen in the air, or dander on a cat or dog--and creates cells to fight against them. An allergic reaction typically causes itching, congestion, or drainage, and ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is it safe to take yeast infection medication while pregnant?
- Is it safe to take medication for diarrhea while pregnant?
- Is it safe to take medication for anxiety disorders while pregnant?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is it safe to take medication for migraine while pregnant?
- Is it safe to take motion sickness medication while pregnant?
- Safe medications while pregnant theraflu
- Is it safe to take sertraline while pregnant?
- Talk to an allergist and immunologist online for free