Doctor insights on:
Is It Safe To Take Fluconazole While Breastfeeding
Probably: There does not seem to be adequate literature to assess the risk of Fluconazole exposure from breastmilk on infants so caution is advised. However, Fluconazole is a drug given to neonates to treat candida. When measuring the amount of the drug excreted in breastmilk it has been found to be less than the prescribed neonatal dose so it is probably safe. Info can be found on drugs.Com/breastfeeding. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Breastfeeding is providing nutrition to an infant using breat milk either directly by infant latching and sucking on the nipple or by feeding via bottle with expressed breast milk (when baby has difficulty suckling). Breast milk is the best milk for any baby but ...Read more
Yeast infection on Augmentin while breastfeeding. Safe to take fluconazole with 1d left of antibx? Or Monistat -1,3 or 7? Taking dexilant, probiotic
Not supposed to: Can use vaginal otc preparations are safer. ...Read more
Breastfeeding, flaky oozing breasts. On bactrim and diflucan for a month. Is there anything else that can't be done? Will I have to quit breastfeeding
Yes : Untreated yeast infections have been associated with spontaneous abortions/preterm labor. Some studies have shown that the use ~200mg Fluconazole does not increase the risk of congenital abnormalities/other poor outcomes. If this is still concerning, please discuss use of topical antifungals like monistat/gyne-lotrimin 7 days therapy with your doctor would a another option. Good luck and take care. ...Read more
Generally yes.: When used in high doses, Fluconazole is teratogenic in animal studies. Following exposure during the first trimester, case reports have noted similar malformations in humans when used in higher doses (400 mg/day) over extended periods of time. Use of lower doses (150 mg as a single dose) does not suggest an increase risk to the fetus. ...Read more
Is it safe to take fluconazole 150mg tablet once a week for 6 weeks for vaginal candidiasis?Also on treatment for TB neck lymphadenitis. Is it safe?
Yes fluconazole: at that dose is fine, but what TB meds are you taking? ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is it safe to take vyvanse while pregnant or breastfeeding?
- Is it safe to take resveratrol while pregnant or breastfeeding?
- Is it safe to take nitrofurantoin while pregnant or breastfeeding?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is it safe to take rabies vaccine while pregnant or breastfeeding?
- Is it safe to take vitamin b3 while pregnant or breastfeeding?
- Is it safe to take mebendazole while pregnant or breastfeeding?
- Is it safe to take nasacort aq while pregnant or breastfeeding?
- Talk to a pediatrician online