Doctor insights on:
Is It Safe To Take Echinacea While Breastfeeding
No: Even though we tend to think of herbs and plants as natural, it does not mean they are always safe, specially for infants or brestfeeding moms. What ever we consume, we are exposing our babies via breast milk. There is simply not enough data to take the risk. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Breastfeeding is providing nutrition to an infant using breat milk either directly by infant latching and sucking on the nipple or by feeding via bottle with expressed breast milk (when baby has difficulty suckling). Breast milk is the best milk for any baby but ...Read more
"Natural": Pregnant and nursing patients should be advised to avoid herbal therapies or supplements. They have the potential for both benefit and harm. Uncertainty in quality and the relatively few well-designed studies make it difficult for physicians to proactively recommend herbal therapies for most patients. ...Read more
Duromine in Lactate: Duromine (phentermine) has been linked with fetal abnormalities in animals and the fda warns against its use in humans who are breast feeding. The drug has also been contraindicated in people who have a history of valvular heart disease or high blood pressure, other cardiovascular diseases and thyroid disease, so be careful taking it after weaning your infant if any of these conditions apply. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is it safe to take echinacea goldenseal while breastfeeding?
- Can you take echinacea while breastfeeding?
- Is it safe to take metamucil while breastfeeding?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is it safe to take b12 while breastfeeding?
- Is it safe to take ibuprofen while breastfeeding?
- Is it safe to take fluconazole while breastfeeding?
- Is it safe to take biotin while breastfeeding?
- Talk to a pediatrician online