Doctor insights on:
Is It Safe To Take Cough Medication In Pregnancy
When your due date arrives, you will be more than ready to have your baby! Most women deliver the baby somewhere between 37 and 42 weeks. According to the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, only 5% of babies arrive on the exact due date. Approximately 7% of babies are not delivered by 42 weeks, and when that happens, it is referred to ...Read more
I took the cough medication Hycodan (hydrocodone) at around 7pm. Its 10:30pm, would it be ok to take nyquil?
Cough control: Hycodan (hydrocodone) can give excellent relief of cough. Unfortunately, if you are coughing again a lot after 3-4 hours, I would say the Hycodan (hydrocodone) levels are not sufficient to relieve the cough by itself. Hopefully, taking the NyQuil at that point will hopefully give you additive benefit. I would not typically take both meds together. If your cough is increasing/getting worse, see your doctor. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Is there any cough medication that I can take on Prozac? Also take Ritalin (methylphenidate) during the day
If I take Tylenol (acetaminophen) and cough medicine that are 4 hour doses, would I be safe to drink after the 4 hours are up? Or will it still be in my system.
I am 11 weeks pregnant and I have a really bad cough that won't go away. Is there any cough medicine that will be safe for me to take?
Honey-based: Another choice would be to use one of the honey-based cough medications. A recent study indicated that honey was as effective as many other cough preparations. Because xyrem may cause some respiratory depression, honey-based products should not contribute to any potential adverse effects. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Medication safe for pregnancy for cough
- Is it safe to take medications that contain alcohol during pregnancy?
- Is it safe to take medication for fibromyalgia during pregnancy?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- List of medications that are safe to take during pregnancy
- Is it safe to take cough drops during pregnancy?
- Safe depression medications pregnancy
- Is it safe to take phentramine with seizure medication?
- Talk to a pharmacologist online for free