Doctor insights on:
Is It Safe To Take A Calcium Supplement With An Ileostomy
A dietary supplement, also known as food supplement or nutritional supplement, is a preparation intended to supplement the diet and provide nutrients, such as vitamins, minerals, fiber, fatty acids, or amino acids, that may be missing or may not be consumed in sufficient quantities in a person's diet. Some countries define dietary supplements as foods, while ...Read more
I am allergic to shellfish and need to take a calcium supplement. What kind of supplement is safe for me?
Should be fine..: Calcium does not affect protein absorption and vice versa. You may not any supplement if you can stay on a healthy, balanced diet--see pyramid pictured here. Good diet is important, but regular exercise is also needed for long term good health. So eat well, sleepp well, exercise regularly and see doc for preventive care. Good luck. ...Read more
Avoid this: Bone mineral density tests measure the amount of mineral in the bone, and this mineral is predominantly calcium. The presence of calcium in your digestive tract may be detected and falsely interpreted as bone mineral, giving an inaccurate increased result. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Doctors can you tell me how often should I take a calcium supplement as a young male who does not drink milk daily?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Safe calcium supplement ileostomy
- Is it safe to take a multivitamin supplement and a calcium supplement everyday?
- Is it safe to take an iron supplement?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is it safe to take glutathione supplements?
- Is it safe to take kelp supplements?
- Is it safe to take collagen supplements?
- Why take thyroxine and a calcium supplement?
- Talk to a pharmacologist online for free