Doctor insights on:
Is It Safe To Pancolitis
Ulcerative pancolitis x12yrs.Last 3 annual scopes no dysplasia.Asymptomatoc on 400mg 5asa tid. What are odds of dysplasia?
Many options: There are many medications that can be used to treat severe ulcerative colitis. See a gastroenterologist who has a sequential plan of which drugs to try first, then progress to others if those are ineffective. There are many steps involved in the evaluation and treatment of this lifelong problem. Surgery is also an option, but is not without risk or side effects. ...Read more
Depends on history: Ulcerative colitis is a chronic inflammatory disease of the colon. Treatment often includes 5-aminosalicylates, steroids, azathioprine, and other immunosuppressants, escalating to biologic agents targeting tnf. In refractory cases, colectomy may be necessary. Speed of response is somewhat individualized depending on severity of disease and response. See your gastroenterologist for specifics. ...Read more
See below: Pancolitis is just a description of colitis that is affecting the entire colon, & it can come from all types of colitis such as infectious colitis , crohn's colitis, or others. Ulcerative colitis is a specific form of colitis or colon inflammation diagnosed by colonoscpoy & biopsy & which might also cause a pancolitis. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How many days after your period is it safe to have sex?
- Is it safe to put neosporin on your vagina?
- Is it safe to take 2 10mg zyrtec a day?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is it safe to take aleve and tylenol together?
- Is it safe to masturbate after a workout?
- Is it safe to sleep with headphones on?
- Is it safe to take stool softeners every day?
- Talk to a colorectal surgeon online for free