Doctor insights on:
Is It Safe To Oxyuriasis
Pinworms=hand wash: For 'oxyuriasis' or pinworms is also called enterobiasis(caused by enterobius vermicularis). Treatment is a simple pill regimen written by a physician. Prevention includes: washing hands after using the bathroom and before preparing food. Wash bedding and underclothing frequently, especially those of any affected family members. ...Read more
I am on TB treatment can i take medicine for pinworm infection during TB treatment.is it safe? Suggest a medicine.
Yes: There are many options and the medication should be taken once and repeated in 7 days. Discuss with the pharmacist. All the best. Also family should be treated together and it is weight based. ...Read more
I have a bad pinworm infection and the tablet I took doesn't seem to work so is there an alternative?
??doesn't work??: Pinworms are often treated with a worm toxin & it is often given in two doses a week apart to increase effectiveness. The symptoms of anal itching can outlast the death of the worm. As the worm lays eggs in your anal crack, the glue that holds them in place sets up a reaction that causes itching. You can have irritant rxn left after the worms are gone.Cortizone or coco butter can sometimes help. ...Read more
Anal itching: Itching in the anal area.Get a more detailed answer ›
Pinworms: There is a test called a tape test. Basically scotch tape- like paper is applied to the rectum in middle of night and sent to a lab to examine. This will confirm the infection. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- How many days after your period is it safe to have sex?
- Is it safe to put neosporin on your vagina?
- Is it safe to take 2 10mg zyrtec a day?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is it safe to take aleve and tylenol together?
- Is it safe to masturbate after a workout?
- Is it safe to sleep with headphones on?
- Is it safe to take stool softeners every day?
- Talk to a pediatrician online