Doctor insights on:
Is It Safe To Lift Heavy Objects While Pregnant
When your due date arrives, you will be more than ready to have your baby! Most women deliver the baby somewhere between 37 and 42 weeks. According to the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, only 5% of babies arrive on the exact due date. Approximately 7% of babies are not delivered by 42 weeks, and when that happens, it is referred to ...Read more
Can lifting moderate weight objects cause miscarriage? I'm petite, what's the max i can safely lift? Am just 4 weeks pregnant today.
P.G. "Weightlifting": Pregnancy is not the time to compete for the "clean and snatch" weightlifting competition at gold's gym. The pregnancy is subject to any increases in intra-abdominal pressure even though it is generally well protected. If you have to hold your breath to push, pull, or lift something, then it is probably too heavy in pregnancy. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Depends how heavy: But in general yes.Get a more detailed answer ›
Balanced nutrition: If you eat a well balanced diet based on your pre-pregnant weight ( calorie wise) & simply breast feed, you can lose a pound every week or two.Make sure you are taking prenatal vitamins & plenty of fluids. The loss will be slow but natural. The books that say to up your calorie intake to bf are assuring that you won't lose weight. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Can i lift heavy things while pregnant?
- I lifted something heavy while pregnant
- Should i avoid lifting heavy objects while pregnant
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is it safe for me to lift my other children while pregnant?
- Proper body mechanics while lifting heavy objects
- Heavy discharge while pregnant
- Is shellac safe while pregnant?
- Talk to a obstetrician and gynecologist online