Doctor insights on:
Is It Safe To Have Sex In The Third Trimester
Couples often worry about having sex during pregnancy. They may be afraid that having sex could cause a miscarriage or harm the baby. It is best to talk to your doctor or nurse midwife about your specific situation to make sure you are considered at low risk for complications such a ...Read more
Yes: Yes it is safe and whatever position you can get comfortable in! ...Read more
Yes: For the most part, it is safe. However, there are certain things to be mindful of. If your doctor has told you not to have intercourse because of the position of your placenta, ie, placenta previa, then it is not safe. The other thing to be careful about is that sex can stir up contractions, so even though you may be in your third trimester, it can sometimes cause you to go into preterm labor. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Usually not, but....: It depends on your comfort, how vigorous the activity is, and whether you have interest, rather than feeling you must! ...Read more
Is sex safe in the third trimester? Can it cause preterm labor? What positions are best? Is oral sex ok?
Most comfortable.: Often this is some variation of a side by side. These are more comfortable for the mom-to-be and have shallower penetration which puts less pressure on the cervix. Sometimes, depending on the patient and the pregnancy, it can be a challenge to find a comfortable position. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Probably not: Discuss with your doctorGet a more detailed answer ›
On the back: Is safe, but chair position safer.Get a more detailed answer ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is it safe to have sex when i am in the third trimester?
- Is it safe to have sex in the first trimester?
- Is it safe to have sex in third trimester?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is it normal to have wet underwear in the third trimester?
- Is it normal to have diarrhea in the third trimester?
- Is it normal to have leaky breasts in the third trimester?
- Is it safe to do yoga in the third trimester?
- Talk to a obstetrician and gynecologist online