Doctor insights on:
Is It Safe To Have Eye Surgery While Pregnant
If you're pregnant or planning to get pregnant, there are many things you can do to give your baby a healthy start: Regular prenatal visits along with laboratory testing, ultrasounds, prenatal vitamins and immunizations (like the flu shot and whopping cough booster). Now's the time to eat healthy, stay hydrated, and ...Read more
Not advised: The procedure is no more dangerous when you're pregnant, however it is still not advised. Lasek is an elective procedure in which medications need to be used. Unnecessary medication use while pregnant is best avoided. Also, pregnancy can cause fluctuations in your prescription and this can lead to less accurate outcomes. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
No.: Hormonal changes during pregnancy can cause changes in the shape of the cornea, just as they allow ligaments in the body to relax, resulting in fluctuating vision before or after lasik. Dry eye also is more common during pregnancy and this has been associated with regression of the laser effect. Many doctors give valium preop and steroids drops postop, which may not be optimal during pregnancy. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Yes: Laser eye corrective surgery has gone through several generations of improvement in the technology and now is quite safe, minimally stressful and a terrific way to get rid of your eyeglasses and/or contact lenses. It will not restore the need for reading glasses in those over 40 however, but will give clear distance vision without glasses. ...Read more
Safe? Yes: Is it for you? That depends. Seek consultation with a qualified facial plastic surgeon. Blepharoplasty (eyelid rejuvenation) helps rejuvenate the eyes, and is usually an office procedure. There is little pain, but there is some bruising and swelling afterwards. Your surgeon can make recommendations based your concerns about your appearance and your unique facial features. Best wishes. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is it safe to have anal sex while pregnant?
- Is it safe to have colonoscopy while pregnant?
- Is it safe to get laser eye surgery if i have ankylosing spondylitis?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is it safe to have lasik eye surgery during pregnancy?
- Is it safe to have a cigarette once in a while when pregnant?
- Is it safe to have mercury tooth fillings while pregnant?
- Is it safe to have fertilizer in our garden while i am pregnant?
- Talk to a ophthalmologist online for free