Doctor insights on:
Is It Safe To Get Rhinoplasty When You Have A Cold
Wait for the OR: As a surgeon the first rule is minimize risk. Having a cold means that you are not in perfect health. The cold can affect your breathing, irritate your lungs and airway. You should not have anesthesia when you are sick. It may be inconvenient but it is much safer. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Is the h1n1 shot safe I have a cold my nose is running dr said it was nomal I have a cold no fever was it safe to get the h1n1 shot?
Immunity Uses Energy: "Cold" is a term for upper respiratory infection & is caused by viruses. Infections trigger our immune system into action which causes the release of molecules involved in activating the body's defenses. Much of the body's energy is directed at fighting the virus which is why you are left feeling tired, fatigued. Additionally stress, lack of sleep, & more can make you more susceptible to infection ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
What causes achiness when you have a cold? I always thought achiness was a flu symptom, but I get it when I have a cold.
Cytokines: Most systemic symptoms of infection -- fever, achiness, loss of appetite, sleepiness, and others -- are the result of chemicals called cytokines, which are released by white blood cells as they fight infection. Almost any infection can do it, not only influenza. Particular symptoms (achiness, fever, etc) are vary widely between individuals and from one kind of infection to another. ...Read more
Postponed: Post extubation respiratory compromise.Get a more detailed answer ›
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is it safe to get a piercing if you have mrsa?
- Is it safe to wear contact lenses when you have a subconjunctival hemorrhage?
- Is it safe to get a tattoo if you have an ear infection?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is it safe to get a tattoo if you have had hepatitis?
- Is it better to have a ring or a stud when you get your nose pierced?
- Is it possible to get a virus strep throat when you have a bacteria strep throat?
- Is it safe to get pregnant while you have a slip disc?
- Talk to an otolaryngologist online