Doctor insights on:
Is It Safe To Get Hepatitis A Vaccine If I Am Immunocompromised
Latin word for cow, vacca, because of the smallpox/cowpox work of edward jenner, vaccination is the administration of a substance, live organism or otherwise, that stimulates the immune response to prevent a specific disease. Primarily a preventative procedure, some vaccines can ...Read more
Adults & Children: Hepatitis a is more common in many parts of the world. Healthy adults and children should be protected prior to travel. Pregnant women who cannot delay their travel plans need vaccination too since they are at high risk of a complication due to hepatitis a illness. People with underlying immune problems should check with their doctor prior to vaccination or international travel. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Should get one: Hepatitis a is endemic (routinely found) in asia. Transmitted by bad food, water-fecal/oral route. Can cause jaundice, fatigue; 1% mortality rate from acute liver failure; does not cause chronic liver disease. Vaccine takes 2 weeks to kick in; 2 shots for long-term immunity; 1st shot will get you through the trip. Worth doing it. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Hepatitis A: http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/programs/vfc/contacts-state.html http://www.Cdc.Gov/hepatitis/a/afaq.Htm.Get a more detailed answer ›
Vaccine shots; what are the consequences if you get your hepatitis a vaccine but don't get hepatitis b shot?
Immunity only Hep A: If you had 2 shot series for hepatitis a you are immune from that viral illness for life. There is a combination hep a/hep b vaccine but it sounds like you were not offered that choice & were started on hep a vaccine alone. Talk to your provider about adding hep b vaccine series now as a series of three doses. ...Read more
Yes.: It is safe to vaccinate with more than 1 vaccine at the same time. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Am i contagious after getting the flu vaccine?
- Is it safe to get the hepatitis b vaccine while pregnant or as a small child?
- Should i get a hepatitis a shot if i am taking steroids
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is it safe to get my hair died while i am pregnant?
- Is it safe to get a hair relaxer while i am pregnant?
- Can there be complications with hepatitis b if i am an alcoholic?
- I have hepatitis b am i going to die
- Talk to a pediatrician online