Doctor insights on:
Is It Safe To Get An Epidural For Giving Birth If I Have Spondylolisthesis
The epidural space is an anatomical space just outside the fluid filled sac that contains the spinal cord and brain. Anesthesiologists and pain physicians are skilled at placing needles or catheters (tubes) into this space in the spinal canal to administer medications. These medicines can treat the pain of surgery or labor. These medicines can also be used to treat chronic ...Read more
Hi, I has a 4 month old baby bapy and after giving birth I am getting lower back pain. How can I get relief?
Mine was induced labour and took epidural
Pain will occur: We've yet to invent the perfect epidural. Meaning, once it wears off there will be some pain to deal with & it just may be more than "some." Speak to your physician & they can give you guidance as to what you'll be allowed to take. It'll depend on if you plan to breastfeed. Hang in there. You'll survive. That's why you're the MOMMA! Childbirth would kill any mortal man! Epidural or not!! LOL ...Read more
Some patients: especially after multiple deliveries have mild pain, but the majority experience pain that can be severe and reduced to mild pressure with an epudural ...Read more
After giving birth & i did took the epidural. I have some low back discomfort. It's been 4mths already. Any reason?
I've been having a lot of lower back pain since giving birth over a year ago. I've heard people say it could be from the epidural? What should I do?
Get a good exam.: This can be do to many things. Your posture changed a great deal while pregnant. The placenta releases enzymes that help break down joint tissue. The epidural has a needle inserted between the bony parts of the spine. The pushing of delivery puts a great deal of stress on the spine. And don't forget that you are carting around a growing active baby every day. Get an exam and start therapy now ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is it safe for me to have a colonoscopy if i have an enlarged prostate?
- Is it safe to have an epidural if i have scoliosis?
- If i have spinal stenosis is it safe to get pregnant
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is it safe to get a tattoo if you have an ear infection?
- If i have been treated for wpw is it safe to ride a roller coaster
- If i have a stomach ache and bloody diarrhea is it safe for me to fly tomorrow
- Is it safe to have an amniocentesis if you test positive for group b strep?
- Talk to a obstetrician and gynecologist online