Doctor insights on:
Is It Safe To Get A Piercing If You Are Taking Immune Suppressing Medication
Drugs to suppress : In certain disease a part of the immune system is overactive often due to a genetic as well as an environmental inluence. If that persists, an overactive immune response can produce tissue damage and responds to medication that suppress the overresponse. ...Read more
Can you tell me any over-the-counter medication you could use to numb skin before gettin a piercing?
How can I suppress my immune system given my autoimmune disease? Should i request immunosuppressant medications? Are there any other options?
No !!: If you are experiencing infection with staphylococci you should not be penetrating the skin and placing foreign bodies in yourself because of the high risk of infecting these areas. ...Read more
Uncertain: Although the risk would be low, it would be reasonable to hold off on a peircing till you have recovered from the tonsillectomy. ...Read more
YES!!~~~: Antibiotics will prevent you from getting an infection so this i the safest time to do it unless you are immunosuppressed. ...Read more
Is it safe to get dermal, dimple piercings today with 18 rotten teeth? I'll undergo oral surgery in a few months
Not smart: Teeth are infected. Doing surgery (piercings) in the same area where you have active infections is not wise. Besides, piercings can do permanent skin damage. If extensive extractions are planned there may be change in facial drape support, and that may compromise position and angulations of fixtures. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is it safe to get a piercing if you have mrsa?
- Piercings you can get
- Is geting a tattoo safe when you are on a blood thinning medication?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can you get tongue cancer because of a tongue piercing?
- Can you get a lip piercing while pregnant?
- What colon cleanse is safe while taking thyroid medication?
- Is it safe to drink green tea if you are taking this plavix?
- Talk to a dermatologist online