Doctor insights on:
Is It Safe To Eat Honey While Pregnant
Yes: I'm guessing the concern here is over the recommendation not to feed honey to infants less than one year of age. Infants in their first year can have their intestines colonized by the bacteria that produces botulism toxin. Honey can contain these bacterial spores, but does not contain the toxin, so it will not harm you or your fetus if you ingest it. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
If you're pregnant or planning to get pregnant, there are many things you can do to give your baby a healthy start: Regular prenatal visits along with laboratory testing, ultrasounds, prenatal vitamins and immunizations (like the flu shot and whopping cough booster). Now's the time to eat healthy, stay hydrated, and ...Read more
I am 11 weeks pregnant & I was wondering if it is safe to eat snyder's honey mustard onion pretzels, cause it does contain horseradish powder.?
I wouldn't: If a food product makes you itch, i'd avoid it entirely until i'm convinced i don't have a food allergy. I'm not familiar with an allergy to honey, but i assume it's possible. I'd certainly discuss this concern with your obstetrician. It would be ironic, i suppose, if honey gives you hives. Good luck. ...Read more
Safe, not effective: Honey is not recommended for children under 1 year old because their digestive systems cannot eliminate the toxin that can causes infant botulism. "pasteurization" of honey is designed to prevent crystallization, not eliminate the toxin, so infants should not eat any honey. Mothers can safely eat honey, although there are more effective ways to treat sinsusitis. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Is it safe to drink hot lemon tea( water, peppermint, honey, lemon, & sugar)for a cold while 7 1/2 months pregnant?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is it safe to drink honey lemon tea while pregnant?
- Is it safe to eat foods with msg while pregnant?
- Is it safe to eat acai berries while pregnant?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is it safe to eat pizza while pregnant?
- Is it safe to eat crab meat while pregnant?
- Is it safe to eat feta cheese while pregnant?
- Is it safe to eat a lot of salty foods while pregnant?
- Talk to a obstetrician and gynecologist online