Doctor insights on:
Is It Safe To Drink Alcohol While On Dicloxacillin
Relatively: Alcohol and Dicloxacillin do not have any severe interactions, however, you should not drink while you are on an antibiotics. Alcohol consumption will temporarily lower your immune system making it harder for the antibiotic to heal your infection as well as lowering the drugs efficacy. If you are sick enough to be on an antibiotics, you should not drink alcohol. ...Read more
Alcohol is available in many beverages, from beer and wine to the more potent distilled spirits, such as gin, rye, and whiskey. There appear to be at least small health benefits of small amounts of alcohol use (fewer than five drinks per week), especially of red wine Excessive alcohol use can lead to addiction and severe social and physical complications. Excess long term alcohol use is the most common cause of cirrhosis of the ...Read more
Not ok.: never ok.Get a more detailed answer ›
Not a good idea.: You are taking an antibiotic because you have an infection. Your body needs to do its best to fight the infection. Do not interfere with that by drinking alcohol, a liver toxin. Also, doxycycline can easily upset your stomach, if you are not careful, and alcohol may make that happen sooner. Hold off drinking till you are well. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Alcohol and antibiotics
- Safe to drink alcohol while on cipro
- Is it safe to drink disprin while drinking alcohol?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is it safe to drink alcohol while taking antibiotics?
- Is ginkgo biloba safe while drinking alcohol?
- Is it safe to drink alcohol while taking creatine?
- Is it safe to drink alcohol while taking solodyn?
- Talk to a infectious disease specialist online