Doctor insights on:
Is It Safe To Douche While Pregnant
If you're pregnant or planning to get pregnant, there are many things you can do to give your baby a healthy start: Regular prenatal visits along with laboratory testing, ultrasounds, prenatal vitamins and immunizations (like the flu shot and whopping cough booster). Now's the time to eat healthy, stay hydrated, and ...Read more
Not douching: Douching is never recommended. The vagina is a self-cleaning organ and douching can push harmful bacteria into the vagina or change the pH balance which allows infections to occur. Gentle cleaning of the outside of the vagina with soap and water is all that is necessary and safe. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Doctor told me not to take Flagyl because its not safe for my 12 week pregnancy instead he said to douche using vinegar-water. Thought it was bad?
It is Cat B: But some does cross the placenta, I do not recommend douching, vaginal Metrogel is safer even though that does not work well if you have trichomonas, if you have BV i would recommend Cleocin vaginal it is cat b and would wait till you are out of 1st trimester which is 13 1/3 weeks i never rec douching when you are preg but u need to discuss with the doc who is taking care of your pregnancy. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is it safe to masterbate while pregnant?
- Is it safe to drink sprite while pregnant?
- Is it safe to take hair skin nail vitamins while pregnant?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is it safe to take norco while pregnant?
- Is it safe to use monistat 3 while pregnant?
- Is it safe to take mucinex while pregnant?
- Is it safe to do wood staining while pregnant?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free