Doctor insights on:
Is It Safe To Do Spinning With A Herniated Disc
Herniated disk is also known as Bulging disk. Herniated disk is a medical condition in which the gel like disk between the bones of the spine squeezes out of its center position. Because nerves run in the spine right next to the disk, a herniated disk can compress a nerve and cause symptoms such as low back ...Read more
Depends: That depends on where the herniation is: cervical, thoracic, or lumbar. More in fo isneeded. ...Read more
A herniated disc and thinking about surgery at laser spine institute. Disc replacement. Safe? Good institue?
Cost benefits ?: There have been no clinical trials of laser surgery versus standard surgery. The more recent reviews of laser disc decompression show limited evidence for use of laser disc decompression. The procedure is associated with very high out of pocket cost, without clear evidence beyond patient testimonials of its extreme effectiveness. You should speak with non-laser surgeons to get a balanced view. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
L5 herniated disc. Suffering from sciatica only when standing, sitting , lifting light weight, and walking. R chiropractor safe and could they help?
It depends...: Many have herniated or bulging disks in the lumbar spine that do not cause symptoms. However, generally speaking, if a herniation is acute (occurring within a recent time period) and is causing symptoms, then running should be suspended. The high-impact nature of running may cause the symptoms to increase or persist. Swimming or the elliptical generally are better choices in this situation. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Hi are piriformis stretches safe? Or can they cause herniated disk lower in the spine? I do the lieing on floor and bringing legs to chest.
Wear and tear can cause degeneration in the vertebral column, and cause discs to deteriorate. The supportive basket, nucleus fibrosis develops small tears. A bulge is minimal perhaps a few millimeters, and is clinically insignificant, but additional disc displacement such as protrusion or herniation may compress ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is it safe to run or jog with a herniated disk in my lower back?
- Is it safe to travel with a hernia?
- Is it safe to take a multivitamin with zoloft?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is it safe to have protected sex with a condomn 5days before my menstrual comes?
- Is it safe to drink those laxative teas with senna in them on a daily basis?
- Is it safe to do a brazilian wax during pregnancy?
- Is it safe to take mineral oil for constipation with a kidney disease?
- Talk to a orthopedic spine surgeon online for free