Doctor insights on:
Is It Safe To Buy Used Toys For My Child
Don't swallow: The danger of magnetic toys is if the child is at an age where he/she can swallow the magnet. Swallowing magnets can cause serious intestinal problems, including perforation. I would refrain from buying toys with small magnets for babies and toddlers definitely. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Many treatments: There are a plethora of toys for autistic children that they can both play with & that will help with some of their sensory issues. Here is one site, but there are many others. If your child is seeing an occupational therapist, he can direct you to ones that are appropriate for your child. http://www.nationalautismresources.com/toysandgames.html?gclid=Cj0KEQjwur2eBRDtvMS0gIuS-dYBEiQANBPMRwWJrUhXYH ...Read more
If a toy my child was playing with turned out to have lead in it, how long do I need to wait before I can get him tested?
How do you get a 3 year old child to quit eating boogers... We have tried humilation, time out, took toys away....
Booger : Booger eating is a gross, yet common habit among preschoolers. One of the more effective ways to stop this habit is redirection. Often, kids will pick their noses because they are bored or their hands are idle. If you see him going for his nose, redirect him by giving him a book or a toy - something to occupy his hands. It can also be helpful to explain that nose picking spreads germs and can make people sick. Another helpful tactic is to always have tissues with you and when he reaches for his nose, hand him a tissue giving him a more socially acceptable alternative. If he complains that his nose is itchy (possibly from dry air) you can run a cool mist humidifier in his room overnight and occasionally dab petroleum jelly or saline drops in his nose to keep his mucus membranes from drying out and itching. Good luck! ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- When is it safe for my child to sleep on her belly
- Is it safe for my boyfriend and i to have sex if i have oral thrush?
- I had cryosurgery on my cervix 4 weeks ago is it safe for me to take a bath
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is it safe for me to hold my arms over my head while i am pregnant?
- Is it safe to fly if my child has a cold?
- What medicine is it safe to give my baby for itchy eyes?
- If i recently broke my leg is it safe for me to travel on an airplane
- Talk to a pediatrician online