Doctor insights on:
Is It Safe To Be Around Someone With A Stomach Virus
Usually yes: If you practice good hygiene (don't share food or drinks, wash hands frequently, etc.) the chances of contagion are low in most cases. If someone is immunocompromised or chronically ill, extra precautions or isolation should be observed. Some viruses which cause vomiting may be spread via the respiratory tract, but that is not as common. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Keep your distance: You should probably keep your distance. If you are around that individual was your hands. ...Read more
I just got over a stomach virus now my husband has it. Is it safe for me to sleep in the same bed, will I catch it again?
Safe: you gave it to himGet a more detailed answer ›
You may still be: contagious,so,Hold off for 24 hours(symptom free hours)and then let the games begin. ...Read more
How can I kill stomach virus germs on a fabric surface that is not bleach safe and will not fit in the washing machine?
Soap and water: Soap and water can decrease the burden. Good luck. ...Read more
My daughter vomited near me with a possible stomach virus. Haven't had my hands in my mouth have kept them washed and taken 7 showers. Am I safe?
It is ok: It is ok as long as you are not being exposed to his secretions/excrement. ...Read more
I'm 33 and am on my 8th stomach virus in the last 7 or 8 months. More than half, someone else in my family also got. Should I be worried?
Bad luck vs. problem: That sounds miserable! If multiple people in a family have similar stomach flu symptoms at the same time, it's a good story for passing around a virus, but may also represent food-borne illness, parasites, or even non-infectious cases of these symptoms. You could just have a run of bad luck, but best to discuss with your doc to see if testing or expert referral would help you. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
If you have recovered from a stomach virus what are the odds of contracting the same virus 2 days later from someone?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is hsp caused by some contagious virus is it safe to be around an hsp child?
- I am pregnant is it bad to be around a child who is diagnosed with scarlet fever
- Is it safe to share a shower with someone who has shingles?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is it dangerous to be around someone with chicken pox when i am pregnant?
- Is it safe to have sex witj a stomach flu?
- Is it safe to travel with a hernia?
- Is it safe to take a multivitamin with zoloft?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free