Doctor insights on:
Is It Safe To Apply Heat To My Belly While Pregnant
If you're pregnant or planning to get pregnant, there are many things you can do to give your baby a healthy start: Regular prenatal visits along with laboratory testing, ultrasounds, prenatal vitamins and immunizations (like the flu shot and whopping cough booster). Now's the time to eat healthy, stay hydrated, and ...Read more
No: It is not advisable to use a heat pad directly on the belly. Elevated temperatures in early pregnancy can cause neural tube defects. Later in pregnancy the concern is more for burns on sensitive pregnant skin, but is unlikely to cause harm to the baby if the heat is low and only applied for short intervals. It is safer to place heating pads on the low back. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I just found out i'm pregnant and i had been sleeping with a heating pad on my belly several nights. I'm nervous i hurt the baby.
I am five weeks pregnant today. Two nights ago, I had some cramps. I put a heating pad on my belly on high for three hours. Should I be worried?
8 weeks pregnant, and w/out thinking at 2am, i put heating pad on low set. On lower back and then belly bc of cramps for app. 30-45m. Did i harm baby?
My boyfriend and I had protected sex 3 days ago and now i feel nausea and lower stomach hurt, and my body is heating up. Could I pregnant?
Possible, but…: it is unlikely, but of course theoretically possible that you could be pregnant. The symptoms you're having, however, are not due to pregnancy. There would be no symptoms three days after intercourse. If you miss your next period, you should do a home pregnancy test. Good luck. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is it safe to put baby oil on my belly while im pregnant?
- Is it safe to sleep on my belly while pregnant?
- Is it safe for me to hold my arms over my head while i am pregnant?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is it safe to sleep on my back while pregnant?
- Is it safe to get my hair died while i am pregnant?
- Is it safe to dye my hair while pregnant?
- Is it safe to lay on my back while pregnant?
- Talk to a obstetrician and gynecologist online