Doctor insights on:
Is It Safe To Apply Heat To My Belly While Pregnant
When your due date arrives, you will be more than ready to have your baby! Most women deliver the baby somewhere between 37 and 42 weeks. According to the American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, only 5% of babies arrive on the exact due date. Approximately 7% of babies are not delivered by 42 weeks, and when that happens, it is referred to ...Read more
No: It is not advisable to use a heat pad directly on the belly. Elevated temperatures in early pregnancy can cause neural tube defects. Later in pregnancy the concern is more for burns on sensitive pregnant skin, but is unlikely to cause harm to the baby if the heat is low and only applied for short intervals. It is safer to place heating pads on the low back. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I just found out i'm pregnant and i had been sleeping with a heating pad on my belly several nights. I'm nervous i hurt the baby.
I am five weeks pregnant today. Two nights ago, I had some cramps. I put a heating pad on my belly on high for three hours. Should I be worried?
8 weeks pregnant, and w/out thinking at 2am, i put heating pad on low set. On lower back and then belly bc of cramps for app. 30-45m. Did i harm baby?
My boyfriend and I had protected sex 3 days ago and now i feel nausea and lower stomach hurt, and my body is heating up. Could I pregnant?
Possible, but…: it is unlikely, but of course theoretically possible that you could be pregnant. The symptoms you're having, however, are not due to pregnancy. There would be no symptoms three days after intercourse. If you miss your next period, you should do a home pregnancy test. Good luck. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is it safe to sleep on my belly while pregnant?
- Is it safe to put baby oil on my belly while im pregnant?
- Is it safe to sleep on my stomach while pregnant?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is it safe to lay on my back while pregnant?
- Is it safe to dye my hair while pregnant?
- Is it safe to sleep on my back while pregnant?
- Can i sleep on my belly while pregnant?
- Talk to a obstetrician and gynecologist online