Doctor insights on:
Is It Safe For An Adult To Take Melatonin Every Night To Help Me Fall Asleep
Best resource: Based on available studies and clinical use, melatonin is generally regarded as safe in recommended doses (five milligrams daily) for up to two years. Available trials report that overall adverse effects are not significantly more common with melatonin than placebo. http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/melatonin/ns_patient-melatonin/dsection=safety. ...Read more
I bought melatonin of 1mg per tablet. Bottle says to take 1mg but is 1mg enough to help me fall asleep? i have night insomnia. thank you
Insomnia: Insomnia is a common but complex problem that affects a large number of people. There are numerous causes, and it is important to analyze all the causes and then treat the cause. You may need professional help with this. Melatonin in small doses of 1 or 2 mg at bedtime may help but it depends on the cause of the insomnia. I advise you do not take regular sleeping pills as these do not help you. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Severe insomnia.I wake every night at 5am and cant fall back asleep.cant fall asleep w/o taking alot of melatonin.I only get 4hrs of sleep.Any advice?
Is it possible that I have adhd? I am 19 and have always had fidgeting problems. I have to take melatonin to fall asleep at night or i will lay awake for hours. When i was younger little things bothered me like the seem on my socks. With that said i can s
Is melatonin safe to give to young children to help fall asleep? As well as other calming herbs like those found in teas?
No proven safety: Melatonin, hormone produced by pineal gland, appears to be linked to the body's sleep/wake cycle.Release of melatonin is stimulated by darkness and suppressed by light. Not enough studies have been performed on children about side effects of melatonin.. It also plays role in the way person's body matures sexually. Common side effects are daytime sleepiness, dizziness and headaches. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I fall asleep at 3am,wake at noon. Set 3 alarms for appointment, didn't hear them at all. Am on melatonin, but take too late.How to wake up to alarm?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is taking pills every night to help fall asleep bad for you?
- Is it unhealthy to take tylenol pm every night to help sleep?
- Is it safe to take unisom every night?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is it safe for me to take care of tb patients while pregnant?
- Is it safe for me to have a colonoscopy if i have an enlarged prostate?
- Is it safe to take nyquil every night?
- I had cryosurgery on my cervix 4 weeks ago is it safe for me to take a bath
- Talk to a sleep medicine specialist online for free