Doctor insights on:
Is It Safe For A Person With Amblyopia To Have Lasik Surgery
Can lasik eye surgery be done a 17 year old with amblyopia in one eye that previously had eye muscle surgery and then the other eye is just bad vision?
Yes: Technically, this can be done without difficulty. You must discuss with your surgeon the expectations / goals for the eye. Even with a perfect treatment, the vision will likely not be beyond your current vision with glasses/contacts. Price for lasik varies greatly and usually depends on technology used. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
I have a lazy eye and at the same I have very bad astigmatism in the same eye. Can i get lasik eye surgery on it ?
No: In my opinion if a patient has amblyopia they should never be considered a candidate for lasik surgery. In amblyopia the patient has one eye that is generally has decreased vision which is not correctable by glasses or contact lenses. If a complication occurred to the good eye from surgery the vision could be permanently impaired in the good eye. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Safe person amblyopia lasik
- Is it safe to have lasik eye surgery during pregnancy?
- Safe person glaucoma lasik vision correction
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Can i still have lasik surgery if i have glaucoma?
- Is it safe to have surgery having lupus?
- How old do you have to be to get lasik surgery?
- Can you drink the night before you have lasik surgery?
- Talk to a pediatrician online