Doctor insights on:
Is It Possible To Save A Man Who Is Having Ruptured Aortic Aneurysm
Aortic aneurysm is a medical condition in which there is an balloon like outpouching in the wall of the aorta, which is the largest blood vessel in the body. Most commonly, this aneurysm occurs in the segment of the aorta that runs through the abdomen. Rupture can lead to massive ...Read more
It bursts: The wall of the aorta tears because of increased pressure from the expanding aneurysm. Ruptures can be "contained, " with the bleeding confined by the lining of the abdominal cavity, or they can be "free ruptures, " when the bleeding occurs into the abdominal cavity. The second type is more deadly. Mortality with ruptured aneurysms is 50-90%. As many as 50% of people die before reaching the hospital. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Can an echocardiogram find an aneurysm? I’m a 56 yr old man and my father died from an aortic aneurysm at 54. My doctor wants to do an echocardiogram. Do you think he’s looking for an aneurysm?
Aortic aneurysm: Only an ascending aortic aneurysm (one that comes right of the top of your hear) could be detected by echocardiogram. If an abdomimal aneurysm (descending aortic aneurysm or aaa) is what your father died of, an ultrasound of the abdomen or even a ct of the abdomen would detect that. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Ok, is it possible to engage in vigorous physical activity with bad heart valve and or aortic aneurysm without experiencing symptoms?
Not likely: The cardiac valve problem, especially aortic or mitral, will cause shortness of breath issues which would make it unlikely to continue what your were doing. The aortic aneurysm would have little to no symptoms with activity. Doesn't mean that the aneurysm can't rupture, in which case your symptoms would be pain and likely death. Very unlikely to happen unless the aneurysm is greater than 5 cm. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
What kind of physical exertion should be avoided for a patient with an aortic aneurysm w/a 70% chance of rupture?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is it possible for a man to have hpv and not have any visible symptoms from it?
- Is it possible that i have a brain aneurysm rupture and die one day?
- Is it possible for a virgin to have pid?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Months after giving birth is it possible to have a a retained placenta
- Is it normal for a women to have butt hair not peach fuze but not like man hair?
- Is it possible to have a false negative syphilis test?
- Is it possible to have a false positive herpes test?
- Talk to a vascular surgeon online for free