Doctor insights on:
Is It Possible To Just Not Have An Acl
Extremely rare: Very few cases have ever been identified of patients born without an ACL. It is more common to have an ACL removed after a traumatic incident - some of these patients have continued playing competitive sports with ACL focusing on strengthening the other supporting muscles and ligaments instead to stabilise the knee ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
I just had an ACL reconstructed 3wks ago. Last week i ended up a toonie sized dent in my shine. What could it be from?
Possible: Final decrease in edema that is showing defects secondary to the surgery. Scar tissue and healing, tissue trauma more proximal can cause divots slightly lower in the leg. If there is no redness, pain, change or dysfunction due to this small defect, then it may just be defect from the surgery where edema had finally cleared. ...Read more
6-12 mos: Although many sources suggest a full recovery to sports in 6 mos, it may be 6-12 months before you can return to full physical activities. Timing depends on the amount of knee damage, type of graft, specific sport, competition level, & psychology http://www.emoryhealthcare.org/acl-program/surgical-recovery/acl-rehab-expectations.html http://www.aaos.org/news/aaosnow/dec12/clinical7.asp ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is it possible to lose weight by just drinking water?
- Is it possible to get pregnant just before your period?
- Is it possible that my peripheral artery disease is just neuropathy?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Possible to have a period and be pregnant
- Is it possible not to have wisdom teeth?
- Is it possible to have chronic prostatitis?
- Is it possible to have birthmarks in the eye?
- Talk to a sports medicine specialist online for free