Doctor insights on:
Is It Possible To Just Not Have An Acl
Nephew just tore his acl last week, with small meniscus tears, playing football and was cleared to play this week with a brace. Is this possible?
Yes: After an acl reconstruction, the chances of tearing the acl again are somewhere between 10 and 30 percent. The same mechanism that tore the first one can tear the reconstruction. If you are asking whether you can tear an acl more than once without a reconstruction, then the answer is no. The torn acl does not heal on its own. It can scar down, but will rarely function like the original. ...Read more
I just had an ACL reconstructed 3wks ago. Last week i ended up a toonie sized dent in my shine. What could it be from?
Possible: Final decrease in edema that is showing defects secondary to the surgery. Scar tissue and healing, tissue trauma more proximal can cause divots slightly lower in the leg. If there is no redness, pain, change or dysfunction due to this small defect, then it may just be defect from the surgery where edema had finally cleared. ...Read more
6-12 mos: Although many sources suggest a full recovery to sports in 6 mos, it may be 6-12 months before you can return to full physical activities. Timing depends on the amount of knee damage, type of graft, specific sport, competition level, & psychology http://www.emoryhealthcare.org/acl-program/surgical-recovery/acl-rehab-expectations.html http://www.aaos.org/news/aaosnow/dec12/clinical7.asp ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Yes: The pivoting involved in tearing the acl is difficult to do just by getting up from a seated position but not impossible. It would necessitate a sudden twisting of the upper body on a planted knee that is held stationary. While not impossible, it is rarely a tear that occurs with such low energy. ...Read more
Superficially: It might help, but probably won't get deep into the knee. It's not going to do anything to help heal the ACL at all. Usually it depends on how big the tear is or if the ACL is retracted or not. If not planning surgery, check out Regenexx.Com for more info regarding Stem Cell therapy for ACL repair. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is it possible to get an std from someone who does not have an std?
- Is it possible to be pregnant even if you have not missed a period?
- Is it possible to have high plasma glucose concentration but not have glycosuria?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- After having a hysterectomy is it possible to still get an std
- Is it possible for me to live with a chiari malformation and not have surgery?
- How is it possible to get an infection in the uterus without having had a baby?
- Is it possible to have an abscess under an old filling?
- Talk to a sports medicine specialist online for free