Doctor insights on:
Is It Possible To Have Psychosomatic Vaginismus
"psychosomatic" refers to conditions which involve both body and mind, or when physical symptoms are exacerbated or caused by mental or emotional disturbances. Psychosomatic medicine is a branch of psychiatry devoted to medical science, education, and healthcare for people with comorbid psychiatric ...Read more
Get treated: This is common and any physician can explain the treatment to you, probably best as a couple. The key is education, desensitization and some graded exercises that are generally highly successful in solving this problem. I hope you will be able to work together on this as a couple and save your marriage. Good luck. ...Read more
Vaginismus: First, find the cause. A visit to your gynecologist ought to be helpful to start. If the cause is physical, he/she can recommend treatments, such as exercises, medications, or surgery (if warranted). If the cause is not physical but primarily psychological, work with a qualified sex therapist or therapist adept at sexual dysfunction may prove useful. ...Read more
Patience & info: Vaginismus requires that you communicate that information to the examining doctor prior to the exam. Additionally, you can assist the MD by using a lubricated tampon at home to help the vaginal opening get used to penetration. The well versed GYN MD has a responsibility to you to be gentle, and take the time with patience to exam you with your feedback as to what is problematic and what isn't. ...Read more
Discuss with doc: Symptoms and concerns like these mandate a thorough evaluation by your doctor. Only after such an evaluation, which may include labs and radiographic examinations, can he/she let you know what's going on and how best to help you. ...Read more
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is it possible for your head to hurt so bad you feel like you have to throw up?
- Is it possible to get pregnant if i have secondary amenorrhea?
- Is it possible for a virgin to have pid?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is it possible to have your period for one day?
- Is it possible for 18 year olds to have stomach cancer?
- Is it possible to have blocked arteries at the age of 23?
- Is it possible to have emergency c-section without anesthesia?
- Talk to a gynecologist online for free