Doctor insights on:
Is It Possible To Have My Hair Back Right After Chemo
Have patience: Many types of chemo disrupt hair growth and cause the hair to fall out. New hair will start to grow when it gets a chance. First you have to be over chemo, and then your bodily metabolism has to restart the hair growth. Generally you will see a start about 4 weeks after chemo is over but it may take up to 6 months to get a decent crop. This may vary a little with chemo type so ask your onc. ...Read more
How long after hair starts growing back after chemo should I trim for the first time and how long should I wait to blow dry or use styling products?
Naturally: The person who had full hair prior to the chemo will most likely get back all of their hair. ...Read more
Within few months: After the last course of the chemo, hair buds start growing but may take few months to fully appear. ...Read more
Hair regrowth: Good question. Not sure but often I see softer, finer and even curly hair return in a patient whose chemo induced total hair loss (alopecia). Perhaps the chemo effect resets the hair follicles and the growth that occurs is from a more juvenile set of hair stem cells. But basically, almost all patients have different hair quality after chemo, and most like it better than the hair they had. ? ...Read more
Hair growth change: After chemotherapy the hair root is injured and growth stops. The alteration in growth pattern after recovery is thought to be responsible for the change in appearance of the growth of the hair. It can have color and texture change as well. The scientific details are still not totally clear. ...Read more
How long will it take for my skin and hair to go back to normal after radiation and chemo for lung cancer?
Weeks to Months: If the skin had a sunburn effect it take a few weeks after radiation to get back to normal. Hair takes longer with chemotherapy. When i see patients at the first follow up check at about 4 months there is hair beginning to grow about a 1/4 to 1/2 inch. It can also come back in different texture curly or straight opposite of what it was. Radiation to the head along with chemo slows it even more. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is it possible to have implantation bleeding right after period?
- Is it ok for me to go back to work three weeks after having my baby?
- Is it possible to have pregnancy symptoms right after conception?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is it okay to have someone walk on my back to relieve my back pain?
- Is it normal to have tingling in my hands after carpal tunnel surgery?
- Months after giving birth is it possible to have a a retained placenta
- Is it normal for my baby to have pubic hair?
- Talk to a oncologist online for free