Doctor insights on:
Is It Possible To Have Emergency C Section Without Anesthesia
Difficult: It's possible but realistically there is always local anesthesia available along with other meds which can be given quickly to help in an emergency. Truly emergent c-sections have been done with nothing (bad idea...), with IV meds (ketamine, versed, etc), or local injection (lidocaine, marcaine...Doesn't really work well either). If anesthesia isn't available (rare) it is possible but painful. ...Read moreSee 2 more doctor answers
Great question: It depends on the true nature of the emergency. If you already have an epidural in place that is working well it can often be used during an emergency. However when time is of the essence, and the baby or mom are at risk, general anesthesia is the fastest way to get a distressed baby out and cared for. Please rely on the expertise of your obstetrician and anesthesiologist to make the best choice. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
Depends.: Depending on the emergency (maternal vs. Fetal) stat cesareans can even be lethal. Despite increased risk for infection, fetal injury, hysterectomy and bleeding, stats are generally safe and have great outcomes. Cesarean section is the most commonly performed life-saving surgery in the us nowadays. So, if you or yours need one, rest assured that it is done for good reason and expect great outcome. ...Read moreSee 1 more doctor answer
How long should i wait for using slimming belts after C-section i had emergency C-section 2 month ago?
Should be ok: it take 6-8 weeks for the muscle to reach final healing stage after that any activity like exercize or wearing the slim belts is ok ...Read more
Pain on left side above waist area since having emergency c section just over 8 weeks ago also still bleeding?
- Talk to a doctor live online for free
- Is it possible to have a miscarriage without cramping?
- Is it possible to have strep throat without a fever?
- Is it possible to have your period without bleeding?
- Ask a doctor a question free online
- Is it possible to lose belly fat after a c-section?
- Is it possible to have lupus without specific markers in your lab work?
- Is it possible to survive without scarring after having chickenpox?
- Is it possible for woman to ovulate without having her menses?
- Talk to a urgent care specialist online for free